At ESI Monitor, we distil science into our practical managed sustainability platform, FutureTracker, and turn companies’ sustainability ‘wish lists’ into measured, managed, and transformed reality.
We are building the most effective sustainability transformation solution in the world. FutureTracker synthesises an expert sustainability team capability in every business we work with, and instils the tools, education and empowerment to bring their people together for richer, more sustainable futures. The FutureTracker solution contains a guided sustainability journey which takes our clients’ staff through the process of measuring, managing and minimising the company’s footprint in an accessible but rigorous way, supported by technology and professional services.
We were founded in 2019, and by mid-2022 we have taken on over a hundred customers in 21 jurisdictions across the world. We have grown from a team of three to a core team of ten plus outsourced support in finance, IT, security, research and governance. We have already successfully raised the first stage of investment funding, and built and deployed proof-of-concept versions of FutureTracker.
We are seeking a CEO to lead ESI Monitor through its next exciting phase of growth and impact. We have ambitious plans to raise further funding, carry out further innovative development of FutureTracker, significantly expand our marketing and promotional activity, and take-on and serve the thousands of businesses who urgently need help to start and succeed in their sustainability journeys.
The CEO reports to ESI Monitor’s Board of Directors and has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the company and the development and execution of strategy.
The role is home-based in the UK, with regular travel to London, around the UK and the Channel Islands. The company is based in Guernsey.
• Very competitive basic salary
• Enrolment in company pension scheme
• Enrolment in generous management bonus scheme
• Significant equity options available
• Significant annual leave and homeworking allowances
• Lead and motivate our entire team to help them be the best they can, and develop a high performing managerial team, led with meritocracy.
• Create, plan and execute high-quality business strategies to grow and scale the business, ensuring alignment with short-term and long-term objectives and ensuring that the team have the direction, capability and capacity to succeed.
• Work closely with the Board, including the existing executive directors.
• Build and maintain trusted relationships with investors, customers and delivery partners.
• Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they deliver business outcomes consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
• Ensure compliance to in-house policies and maintain and uphold the company’s legality, accounting and reporting compliance and business ethics.
• Monitor and manage the pulse of the business, responding to both tactical and strategic issues as needed.
• Build and maintain a deep knowledge of the markets, industry, and competition.
• Act as a thought leader in ESI’s marketplace, being the face of the business when it is needed and maintaining an active and credible profile in the sustainability marketplace.
• Have day-to-day responsibility for the financial and general performance of the business, including management of the company risk register.
• The CEO will be supported by the existing team, and will have the opportunity to further shape and build the organisation. The team also draws on extensive outsourced support already in place from specialists in finance, IT, security and corporate governance.
Your experience and qualities:
• You can bring authentic qualities of energy and vision to ESI Monitor, as well as offering business credibility and leadership experience.
• You have experience leading and scaling a business with significant (2x or 3x) growth a year, and understand the different business functions that are needed to contribute to achieving this.
• You have a good understanding of digital technology, although you don’t need qualifications in this area.
• You have experience raising investment, managing investor relationships and working with boards and advisors on the associated corporate governance (not necessarily in Guernsey).
• You are an excellent project and person manager, able to direct and support diverse and remote teams to achieve goals, and develop managers and a senior team to achieve great things.
• You are passionate about sustainability, although you don't need qualifications in this area!
• You have ideas about how to develop the best sustainability transformation solution possible, and to develop and scale the organisation to make this happen.
• You have excellent communication and public speaking skills and are comfortable being the face of the business when this is needed.
• You are kind and care about people, but can be direct and clear when the situation calls for it.
For an informal discussion and to find out more about ESI Monitor and the team, please contact either Marc Laine (Founder and Director) on firstname.lastname@example.org or Ian Corder (Director) on email@example.com.